Tiramisu Gift Cards
What is Tiramisu?
All Tiramisu Recipes
Basic Tiramisu Recipes
Variety Tiramisu Recipes
Healthy Tiramisu Recipes
Other Recipe Links
What is Mascarpone?
Recipes with Mascarpone
What are Ladyfingers
Recipes with Ladyfingers
Talk to Us!
Rate a Tiramisu
Send us a Recipe
Los Angeles Times Tiramisu Cake
Basic Recipes (51)
Variety Recipes (19)
Healthy Recipes (22)
BelGioioso's Tiramisu recipe
Here's a wonderful, low-fat dessert for any of you who may be "waist" watching. Yield: 24 servings. Each serving contains about 194 calories, 2 mg cholesterol, 6 grams fat, 27 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams protein.
- ANGEL FOOD CAKE, 1 pre-baked
- COLD ESPRESSO, 1 cup
- AMARETTO LIQUEUR, 3/4 cup
- NONFAT RICOTTA CHEESE, 1-1/2 cups
MASCARPONE CHEESE, 1 cup
- SKIM MILK, 3 tablespoons
- POWDERED SUGAR, 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
- BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE, 1 ounce shaved
- SLICED ALMONDS, 1-1/2 cups, toasted
- Cut angel food cake into 3 equal layers.
- In small bowl, combine espresso and 1/2 cup amaretto.
- Spoon 1/3 mixture evenly over each layer of cake.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup amaretto, 1 cup ricotta, 1/2 cup mascarpone and 1/4 cup powdered sugar in medium bowl.
- Place 1 layer of cake on plate and spread 1/2 cup mascarpone mixture on top.
- Add second layer and repeat.
- Place remaining layer on top.
- Whisk together remaining ricotta, mascarpone, amaretto and powdered sugar until well blended.
- Cover entire cake with mixture.
- Grate chocolate on top of cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.