Tiramisu Gift Cards
What is Tiramisu?
All Tiramisu Recipes
Basic Tiramisu Recipes
Variety Tiramisu Recipes
Healthy Tiramisu Recipes
Other Recipe Links
What is Mascarpone?
Recipes with Mascarpone
What are Ladyfingers
Recipes with Ladyfingers
Talk to Us!
Rate a Tiramisu
Send us a Recipe
David Baumler's 'Mock' Tiramisu
Basic Recipes (51)
Variety Recipes (19)
Healthy Recipes (22)
BelGioioso's Tiramisu recipe
David writes: "I have a recipe for a 'mock' Tiramisu that requires neither mascarpone or ladyfingers. It's great for when I don't want to spend the extra money for the specialty items required to make a true Tiramisu, and it is quite delicious. I've made it several times for parties and have gotten raves every time."
- POUND CAKE, 1, cut into 1-in. sticks
- INSTANT CAPPUCCINO, 3 envelopes
- COLD MILK, 3 cups
- CREAM CHEESE, one 8-oz. package
- INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING, one 4-serving size package
- COOL WHIP, 2 cups
- Dissolve 2 envelopes of cappuccino mix into 1-1/2 cups milk.
- Dip cake sticks into mixture and cover bottom of square cake pan.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually beat in remaining 1-1/2 cups milk until smooth.
- Add pudding mix and 1 envelope of cappuccino mix.
- Beat on low until blended.
- Stir in Cool Whip.
- Spoon over cake.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa or chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate until firm, then serve.