Tiramisu Gift Cards
What is Tiramisu?
All Tiramisu Recipes
Basic Tiramisu Recipes
Variety Tiramisu Recipes
Healthy Tiramisu Recipes
Other Recipe Links
What is Mascarpone?
Recipes with Mascarpone
What are Ladyfingers
Recipes with Ladyfingers
Talk to Us!
Rate a Tiramisu
Send us a Recipe
Basic Recipes (51)
Variety Recipes (19)
Healthy Recipes (22)
BelGioioso's Tiramisu recipe
Giada De Laurentiis hosts "Everyday Italian” on the Food TV Network, featuring recipes of homemade Italian food that she enjoyed while growing up. This recipe makes 6 servings.
- EGG YOLKS, 6
- SUGAR, 3 tbs
MASCARPONE CHEESE, 1 lb.
- STRONG ESPRESSO, 1-1/2 cups cooled
- DARK RUM, 2 tsp
LADYFINGERS, 24 (packaged)
- BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE SHAVINGS, 1/2 cup for garnish
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale, about 5 minutes.
- Add mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a small shallow dish, add remaining espresso and rum.
- Dip each ladyfinger into espresso for only 5 seconds. Letting the ladyfingers soak too long will cause them to fall apart.
- Place the soaked ladyfinger on the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish, breaking them in half if necessary in order to fit the bottom.
- Spread 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture evenly over the ladyfingers.
- Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover Tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 8 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chocolate shavings.