Tiramisu Gift Cards
What is Tiramisu?
All Tiramisu Recipes
Basic Tiramisu Recipes
Variety Tiramisu Recipes
Healthy Tiramisu Recipes
Other Recipe Links
What is Mascarpone?
Recipes with Mascarpone
What are Ladyfingers
Recipes with Ladyfingers
Talk to Us!
Rate a Tiramisu
Send us a Recipe
Sophia Loren's Tiramisu
Basic Recipes (51)
Variety Recipes (19)
Healthy Recipes (22)
BelGioioso's Tiramisu recipe
To Buy Book: Click on Cover
Sophia Loren was Bill Bogg's guest on the April 20 "Bill Bogg's Corner Table" show on the Food TV Network. A few minutes were spent talking about her new book, Sophia Loren's Recipes (Memories GT Publishing) and how the dessert was a "date food" of the '80s. Her recipe serves 8.
- EGGS, 3 separated
- SUGAR, 5 tablespoons
MASCARPONE CHEESE, 6 ounces
LADYFINGERS, 1 large package (approximately 36)
- ORANGE LIQUEUR, 1 cup
- ESPRESSO COFFEE, 1 cup
- BITTER CHOCOLATE, 2 ounces, grated
- UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, 1/2 cup, or 2 ounces grated bittersweet chocolate
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a medium-sized bowl and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- In a third, larger bowl, combine the egg yolk mixture with the mascarpone, then fold in the egg whites to produce a creamy mixture.
- Arrange a tight layer of ladyfingers in a 9-by-12-inch serving dish.
- Using a spoon, drizzle about half the liqueur and half the espresso over the ladyfingers.
- Cover the ladyfingers with the mascarpone mixture and the grated chocolate, and dust it with a little more than half the cocoa.
- Cover the filling with a second layer of ladyfingers and drizzle with the remaining liqueur and espresso.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours (the Tiramisu can be made 24 hours in advance).
- Top with the remaining cocoa before serving.